L'ATELIER SALON IS HIRING!
Who: After two glorious years as our Salon Manager, Cassie Wood has decided to dedicate her full attention to her college education. While she will be DEARLY missed, we are so very grateful for her 2 years with us and excited for her future!
What: Salon Coordinator, pay is $10/hour for the 2-3 weeks of training, $12/hour for 30 days after training is complete. After such 30 a day review will ensue and a raise will occur based on performance and experience. Fringe benefits include hair services, discounts on products and a dental care discount at New Street Dental.
Where: L'Atelier Salon in Downtown Santa Cruz, CA.
When: Tuesday-Friday, 10-6/6:30, Saturday 8-5
Why: To FULLY enhance our guest's experience, to provide excellent customer service and security for the end of our day.
You will be responsible for facilitating the very best guest experience possible as well as ensuring the smooth flow of the salon as a whole. Other responsibilities include ensuring that the salon environment is at all times welcoming, efficient and tidy.
We are looking for a long-term partnership of at least 2 years to eternity...
A BIT ABOUT YOU:
- Great communication skills
- Passionate about customer service skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Enjoys multitasking
- LOVES following a checklist!
- Can't help but to think ahead and problem solve
- Thrives working in a community oriented environment
- Has a pleasant way of being and able to control the space in a calm and supportive manner with grace and ease
- Previous customer service experience is a MAJOR plus but as long as you LOVE people we can train you on this
- General knowledge of the salon and spa industry is a plus but not required
- Proficient in PC and Mac operating systems is required
- Is intrigued by being a leader
- Experience with retail a plus
Please know that this position is in a high-end, reputable and VERY busy, fun, cohesive salon. Therefore a strong desire to work and thrive in this environment it necessary. You move about constantly so as to be of service to the guests as well as the stylists. The 'energy' of the space flows easily from mellow to fast paced and back again quickly several times in a day. A diversified skill-set and interest in honing those skills is required. Excellent social skills, a global outlook and ability to anticipate the needs of the space are necessary.
*Note: L'Atelier Salon has two levels.
- Managing the staff
- Answering phones/following scripts to a 'T'.
- Arriving guests, settling them in and checking them out
- Scheduling/confirming appointments
- Money handling
- Floor management
- Manage the environment insofar as the music volume, temperature, etc.
L'Atelier recognizes and appreciates talented staff with a passion for our industry; compensation and benefits are above average. Salary depends on experience.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to, Owner, Megan Piety at email@example.com. Please include your salary requirements and any vacation plans for 2017. No need to include Thanksgiving and Christmas as we are closed November 23rd-27th and December 24th-January 1st.
Hello and thank you for your interest in L'Atelier Salon!
We have a salon culture that is born from excellent employee and customer care as well as a cohesive, collaborative, very organized workplace environment that does not have a "glass ceiling.". We support professional growth and encourage you to achieve your heart's desire at L'Atelier Salon!
We are located in downtown Santa Cruz at 114 Pearl Alley, between Walnut Avenue and Lincoln Street and one block off of Pacific Avenue. Spontaneous visits are abundant!
L'Atelier Salon is a beautiful, hip, bright, relaxed, yet very professional working environment. After over 10 years in business at the same location, we have established a strong reputation that was founded upon excellent employee and customer care as well as a positive, supportive work space with regular continuing education. We ongoingly host classes from Aveda, Kevin Murphy, and Jane Iredale, to name a few, and we have monthly Develop Me Mondays to continue to hone our technical skills. We are a certified green business through the Monterey Bay Green Business Program (www.montereybaygreenbusiness.org), focusing on recycling, preserving our natural resources, and being mindful of our own carbon footprint to the best of our ability. We are also members of Think Local First, an organization that supports local businesses, encourages keeping our spending dollars local, and maintaining a strong local workforce (www.thinklocalssantacruz.org).
Included with your employment: continuing education and ongoing daily support to learn and grow as a professional stylist, MindBody online web-based scheduling software program that you can manage from your home, smart phone/computer from anywhere in the world, all lab/color supplies, back bar, high-end beverage bar, reception services from 8:00 am to close, dental benefits, sick pay, parking permit, the list goes on...
- Strong work ethic and desire to grow
- Dedicated and passionate about cutting/styling/coloring hair
- Efficient time management
- Friendly, supportive, open attitude
- Envision yourself working in a high-end well organized salon long term
- California cosmetology license
- 2+ years of experience, a clientele is not necessary
Pay is 10/ hour plus a percentage of production that is based on your experience, retail commission from 10% up to 30% and gratuities. Local Independent contractors/renters who are looking to transition to be an employee at L'Atelier are encouraged to apply.
Are you new to Santa Cruz? If so, you do not need a clientele to apply as we are a VERY busy and successful salon.
***See below for how to apply.
Compensation is 10/hour + retail commission + gratuities.
Join our family and continue to build your hair styling and coloring skills in our personalized Development Program. With our one-on-one mentorship program and Develop Me Monday classes, you will begin to see clients as an Apprentice Stylist behind the chair after a 30 day, L'Atelier Salon-Specific Best Practices training program. Once Apprentice training is complete (3-12 months on average), you will be offered employment as a level 1 stylist. After which you will continue your education at L'Atelier Salon, meet benchmarks and to grow towards a level 6/Master Stylist and beyond!
Our apprenticeship program is fast paced and designed specifically for you and where you are at in your career. Wether you are a new graduate or have experience behind the chair we will design the perfect training program to meet you exactly where you are with your technical skills and theory knowlage.
While we all assist each other during times that we are able to, this is NOT an assistant-only position, it is a apprenticeship program. This program is for the serious professional who desires to be a productive and successful stylist.
- California cosmetology license
- Strong work ethic
- Eager to learn and open to coaching
- Efficient time management
- Friendly, supportive and humble with a can-do attitude
- Passionate about hair styling and willing to dedicate 100% to this career
- Envision yourself working in a high-end, well organized and structured salon long-term
- Excellent at blow drying hair and finish styling
The schedule for this program:
- Monday classes/meetings approximately once per month
- Tuesday 8-6:30
- Wednesday 8-5:30
- Thursday 8-6:30
- Friday 8-5:30
- Saturday 8-5:30
Once you are offered a Level-1 Stylist position you will have the option to work 4 days per week. You are expected to graduate up one level per 12-18 months based off of your technical and production growth; with each level increase a pay increase is included. Once you have achieved Master Stylist/level 6 you will have full discretion over the schedule that you desire to work.